[Wiki Loves Monuments] File names and descriptions

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Sep 21 16:31:01 UTC 2012

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 18:25:42 +0200, Lodewijk wrote:
> Hi Yaroslav,
>
> I think the description field is quite sparingly used - because
> people
> already add the identifier. Theoretically it should be possible to
> add
> the information that one would normally put in the description in the
> page from the information we have in the database. I dont see this as
> a major problem, although I do also see people who add more
> description. If they upload directly from the lists on Wikipedia, the
> description from the list is automatically transferred to the form
> too.
>
> Best,
> Lodewijk

Hi Lodewijk,

I was just suprised by the fact that many people actually use the
filename INSTEAD OF the description. (For Russia, there are almost no
lists at present, and those lists which exist are not used - but, yes,
in principle, when all lists are there, one can bot-copy the info from
the lists to the description - may be even in English).

Cheers
Yaroslav