[Wiki Loves Monuments] Developing voting system for the juries

Alexrk alexrk2 at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 17 18:28:26 UTC 2012

Itzik Edri schrieb am 15.09.2012 22:15:
> Here the basic things that I think this system need to include. I opened
> Google docs for everyone, so you can add notes on each option.
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dBhgIyCvE8x1R6O0f-67136VBKGK8eAEq9_oe108DnQ/edit

There are several existing photo management tools where you can do such
things - like rating, categorizing, adding metadata, filtering images
according to metadata.

IMO there are two main hurdles:

1) You need to write a tool, that downloads images from the WLM category
an possibly add some XMP metadata to the image (if needed.. like
uploader, categories, URL)

2) You need a photo management software that is able to work in a
multi-user scenario (with a shared database).

 From what I have heard, DBGallery can work in multi-user mode (but I
never tried this). I myself use ACDSee - it's fast even for large
amounts of images and has lots of functions to handle metadata
(including ratings and categorizations), search and filtering. But the
downside of ACDSee is (as far as I know), that only one user can access
its internal database at a time.

Regards
Alex

--