[Wiki Loves Monuments] Thumbnails not appearing when uploading

Samat samat78 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 16:30:51 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:29 AM, Racso <racso at colombia.com> wrote:

> I'm having some trouble when uploading multiple photos at the same time,
> as the photos thumbnails aren't appearing after the upload. That forces me
> to fill the pictures data (IDs, names, etc.) without seeing the
> corresponding images, which is difficult if pictures for multiple monuments
> were uploaded.
>
> Is this normal? Someone else has had this problem?

Probably OFFtopic, but:
Last week I uploaded almost 200 photos in many steps (using FF, one step is
around 10 MB) with Upload Wizard, but I experienced the same issue and it
was really disturbing.

An other bug I experienced with uploadwizard, that I could not copy the
language definition (en, hu) and I have to set manually for every file (lot
of time), but when I copied the description, the language definition jumped
back to default value and I had to set it again.

A third bug I experienced few months ago: there is no thumbnail for large
pictures (larger than 15MB), for example:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Brunszvik-kast%C3%A9ly_2.jpg -->
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b1/Brunszvik-kast%C3%A9ly_2.jpg/320px-Brunszvik-kast%C3%A9ly_2.jpgIt
is disturbing in a gallery...

Samat