[Wiki Loves Monuments] MIBAC agreement for Wiki Loves Monuments in Italy

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:46:59 UTC 2012

On 14/09/12 13:18, WereSpielChequers wrote:
> Doesn't that make it a non-commercial license, i.e.  CC-BY-SA NC
>
> Commons doesn't allow images which are only licensed for non-commercial use.
>
> WSC

That was also my understanding when I first saw the disclaimer. But see
below where the lawyers, part of Creative Commons Italia itself, assert
it is compatible with CC-BY-SA.
This will likely appear several times at COM:DR, having to be explained.
It would be worse if someone tried to do the same with their own photos
(I place them under CC-BY-SA but I require a fee) but I don't think they
could since they would only have copyright to battle with. Still, those
photos are not completely free.

Great work, Andrea, result of a really hard work from WM-IT. Felicitazioni!