[Wiki Loves Monuments] open source software for running the competition

Nicu Buculei nicubunu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:27:54 UTC 2012

On 09/14/2012 12:37 PM, Mike Dupont wrote:

> I tried to get people to upload to commons at our bootcamp
> http://kosovoinnovations.org/yap/digital-bootcamp and it failed, we
> had IP blocking of new users, we had the uploader failing, it was
> horrible and a waste of time.  I need a solution that works and we can
> control and debug. also the wiki was running slow.

Mi experience was the total opposite, I talked recently with the top
uploader from my country (Andrei_kokelburg, with 1366 images so far [and
growing] currently the 6th global uploader) who is a *first time*
Wikipedia contributor and tried to suggest him better tools like
Commonist. His reply was the standard uploader is easy and good, he does
not need anything else.