[Wiki Loves Monuments] Moving WLM page from WIkipedia to commons

emijrp emijrp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 08:11:39 UTC 2012

The Kenya monuments are not in the erfgoed database, can you fix it
Multichill?

2012/9/13 Nkansah Rexford <nkansahrexford at gmail.com>

> Hmmm! I think we had a similar problem. We solved ours using just a
> redirect. Instead of moving the page, you can try a redirect instead.
>
> I hope it works. Thanks.
>
> On 9/13/12, Wanjau <wanjaustev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > We made this page [1] on Wikipedia but all the banners on Wikimedia
> > projects are redirecting to our commons planning page [2] which doesn't
> > have concise guidelines on how-to participate.
> >
> > I have tried moving the Wikipedia page to the commons page but with
> > little success since there is a template {{start tab}} (which is not
> > available on commons) we used when creating the Wikipedia page.I know
> > there is a way of importing the template but I do not have the rights to
> > do that. I hope someone on this list can advise on how best to move the
> > content.
> >
> > regards,
> > Stephen.
> >
> > 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_Kenya
> > 2.
> >
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012_in_Kenya

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)
Projects: AVBOT <http://code.google.com/p/avbot/> |
StatMediaWiki<http://statmediawiki.forja.rediris.es>
| WikiEvidens <http://code.google.com/p/wikievidens/> |
WikiPapers<http://wikipapers.referata.com>