[Wiki Loves Monuments] Slovak WLM

Roel Balingit roel.balingit at wikimedia.org.ph
Thu Sep 13 04:52:17 UTC 2012

I think Israel won't begin with the upload period until the September 14
and end October 15, may be they can time their upload period with that too.

Roel
WLM Philippines

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Osmar Valdebenito <osmar at wikimediachile.cl
> wrote:

> I want to congratulate the Slovak people and encourage them to work for
> WLM 2012. Yes, it is late, but with a lot of work you can do something
> cool. The thoughest part is the monument list and you have it already.
> Maybe you can have a small contest in 15 days, without prices or
> advertisment and a jury of 3 or 4 wikipedians to choose the 10 nominees for
> the international contest. What is the worst thing that can happen? You'll
> get a hundred of photographies that doesn't exist currently on Wikipedia
> and if there is a amazing pic from Slovakia, it will have the same
> opportunity to win the first prize.
>
> If you need any help -besides translating or speaking Slovak-, just ask me.
> Good luck guys! Better later than never!
>
> Osmar Valdebenito G.
>

> 2012/9/12 Nuno Tavares <nuno.tavares at wikimedia.pt>
>
>> Well, if my opinion counts, I'd rather let them run for a month (thus
>> ending the Oct 14th. That way nobody is hurt, I believe, it's just a matter
>> of how fast they can gather 1) the database 2) the website 3) the juri and,
>> eventually, 4) the prizes.
>>
>> I just learned about Israeli exception, so I really don't see the issue
>> why shouldn't SK do the same... wasn't Russia 2011 raised with similar
>> delay, last year?
>>

>> -NT
>>

>> Em 12-09-2012 23:20, Lodewijk escreveu:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> if you're able to have everything in order before that moment I could
>>> possibly live with it. However, you should have all business in order
>>> before then (this is not to be underestimated at such short notice),
>>> including prizes (no prizes is an option too, although highly
>>> unfortunate) and jury.
>>>
>>> However, I would be quite against having the finishing date of Israel.
>>> Israel is here a strong exception because the hebrew calendar system is
>>> different than ours, and newyear starts at Sept 14. This does leave them
>>> with an extremely short time to run jury results. Having Slovakia with a
>>> shifted timeline too, would be highly unfortunate. Also, this would mean
>>> you would have to disqualify all images uploaded so far (you mentioned
>>> 100 accidental uploads?). So *if* you're able to join, I strongly prefer
>>> you would still end at September 30. I know this doesn't sound nicely,
>>> but otherwise things become very confusing.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Lodewijk
>>>
>>> 2012/9/13 Matej Grochal <ggrosi48 at gmail.com <mailto:ggrosi48 at gmail.com>>
>>>

>>>     Dear colleagues,
>>>
>>>     First of all, thank you for the feedback.
>>>     Joining in with Israel in terms of the timeline seems like a do-able
>>>     option if we pushed the starting date further a bit. <- What would be
>>>     the hard limits on that?
>>>     The infrastructre is getting built as we speak (thank you for the
>>> help!)
>>>     Our thinking is that it is better to take this oportunity and not to
> [...]

*ROEL BALINGIT*
*Treasurer*
*WIKIMEDIA PHILIPPINES*
*G/F Gervacia Center, 152 Amorsolo Street, Legaspi Village, 1229 Makati City
*
*T: +63-2-8123277  | F: +63-2-8127177 | M: +63-917-8807635 *
*W: **www.wikimedia.org.ph | E: roel.balingit at wikimedia.org.ph*