[Wiki Loves Monuments] Sorting out the images: Please help!

Tomasz W. Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:43:40 UTC 2012

Hi Yaroslav,
thanks for asking the questions, and for your amazing work done for
Wiki Loves Monuments (in Russia) so far, it's greatly appreciated!

>From what I know--and I daresay I know a little bit more about that
than Maarten due to my interest in Central and Eastern European
countries--there are no lists of monuments in Russia from this year
that were published on any of the Wikimedia projects.

The only lists I managed to find are linked from
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Lists_of_European_Monuments/Russia>,
but they were created last year, are very well hidden and almost
completely empty, except for the few regions. There /might/ be some
lists on the Russian Wikipedia, but I cannot tell where as I am sadly
not able to read any Cyrillic at all.

As for the local organisers, I can only confirm that they do not take
part in any on-wiki discussion. Indeed, they are not active on this
list, either, and I haven't heard from them for a very (very!) long
time, even though I poked them many times in the past few weeks; my
inbox tells me that the latest e-mail I received from them was on May
25, 2012.

I also haven't heard about any plans to have a bot take care of the
uploads from Russia, so I guess you can continue doing your very
useful work if you still have the will and time to do so.

Tomasz