[Wiki Loves Monuments] Please put the mobile app banner on your country sites

Arthur Richards arichards at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 7 22:29:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Naveen Francis <naveenpf at wikimedia.in>wrote:

> Thanks Jon.
> It is working :-)
> 1. I see a state called "IN-UT"

It turns out that the datadump we're using to map ISO-3166-2 codes to
region names is missing IN-UT, which is why IN-UT is being displayed
instead of a readable name. Yuvi Panda mentioned to me that IN-UT is a
relatively new state, which is likely why it is missing from the datadump.
I think we should be able to override the missing data in the scripts we're
using to provide mappings for ISO codes to names. I'm looking into this now.

--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile