[Wiki Loves Monuments] Reuploading

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:40:35 UTC 2012

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Philip Chang wrote:
>
>     Yes, you are right, we can create a subpage automatically and
>     presumably update it easily.
>
>     Regarding the time issue, wouldn't that be limited automatically
>     by the contest duration? If the user does not replace the photo
>     within the month of Sep., then the mobile upload would simply
>     participate on its own merits.

I was thinking in the more general case of an upload application. A
delay of one month for a photo done in september would obviously be too
long for WLM :)
(unless he waits for next year...)

On 05/09/12 03:16, Philip Chang wrote:
> I walked through this idea with Matthew and we came up with a refinement:
>
> On the user page, would it make sense to show the file as a link to its
> file page and also show a link to the Upload Wizard with all of the
> parameters for that monument?
>
> If so, I have a question: What exactly is the format of the parameters
> in the link?
>
> On the page:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:UploadWizard#URL_arguments
> it lists these parameters:
>
> * campaign: Specifies which [[/Campaigns|upload campaign]] to use.
> * skiptutorial: Sets if the licensing tutorial should be skipped or not.
> The value should be "1" or "true" to skip.
I don't think this is needed since the campaigns already have it to true.

> * id: Sets the initial value for the id field.
Note that some countries are also using id2

> * lat: Sets the initial value for the latitude field.
> * lon: Sets the initial value for the longitude field.
> * alt: Sets the initial value for the altitude field.
> * categories: Sets the initial value for the categories field, multiple
> categories seperated by |.
>
> But is all of this required, and where are the templates? Could someone
> send a sample URL with the necessary parameters present?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Phil

You can view an overview of the WLM campaigns at
http://toolserver.org/~platonides/wlm2012/campaigns-overview.php