[Wiki Loves Monuments] Reuploading

Philip Chang pchang at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 5 01:16:36 UTC 2012

I walked through this idea with Matthew and we came up with a refinement:

On the user page, would it make sense to show the file as a link to its
file page and also show a link to the Upload Wizard with all of the
parameters for that monument?

If so, I have a question: What exactly is the format of the parameters in
the link?

On the page:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:UploadWizard#URL_arguments
it lists these parameters:

* campaign: Specifies which [[/Campaigns|upload campaign]] to use.
* skiptutorial: Sets if the licensing tutorial should be skipped or not.
The value should be "1" or "true" to skip.
* id: Sets the initial value for the id field.
* lat: Sets the initial value for the latitude field.
* lon: Sets the initial value for the longitude field.
* alt: Sets the initial value for the altitude field.
* categories: Sets the initial value for the categories field, multiple
categories seperated by |.

But is all of this required, and where are the templates? Could someone
send a sample URL with the necessary parameters present?

Thanks.

Phil

--
Phil Inje Chang