[Wiki Loves Monuments] Copyvio checking

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:13:13 UTC 2012

Racso, 04/09/2012 15:43:
> Thanks. Tried the plugin but the results were not very good. However,
> found this Chrome plugin:
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dajedkncpodkggklbegccjpmnglmnflm.
> It gave me [a lot] better results (just in case someone is looking for a
> similar tool).
> I was thinking in making some kind of script to auto-check categories,
> but I don't think that would be reliable/useful as a human should still
> check the results :S.

Several communities have struggled for the WMF to help get Yahoo! BOSS
Search API keys to automatically look for text copyvios and as far as I
know they've always failed; I don't know if Google Images has APIs or
how they work and I seem to remember an unfavourable discussion about
TinEye as service: anyway, this is something we should really work on
but which is probably not going to happen within a month.

Nemo