[Wiki Loves Monuments] Reuploading

Paul Selitskas p.selitskas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 14:45:57 UTC 2012

One of Belarusian contestants addressed me a mail with a question: may
they reupload the same photo with a better quality and what
consequences will it have concerning WLM.

So, may the participant replace the file uploaded for WLM with the
same file of better quality? Will the new file be treated the same as
if it was uploaded at the first place?

Besides this, I have a question of my own. Let's say, someone
submitted a photo for the contest. Then a random Wikimedian uses it in
an article. Then he wants to fix it (colors, perspective, whatever)
and actually he does it by replacing the original file with a new
fixed version of it. What next? Should the jury examine the original
version, or the fixed one? If the photo wins, who takes the prize? And
so on.

--
З павагай,
Павел Селіцкас/Paul Selitskas