[Wiki Loves Monuments] first day to total uploads ratio

Nicu Buculei nicubunu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 05:50:45 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Peter Ekman wrote:
> I'm trying to get a rough estimate of the number of uploads to expect
> for WLM-US.
> One way would be to look at last year's first day total uploads and
> compare it to last years total uploads for the month (~169,000
> overall).  So if the ratio was 1:50, I'd just multiply the 1st day
> uploads in the US by 50.

As other said, just relax and wait a bit more. We can't make an
accurate estimation, this year the first day was a Saturday, last year
it was a Thursday. You will probably see the a difference of uploads
form a holiday to a work day (if is up or down it may vary from
community to community, but there will be a difference).
Also, you will see the upload progression is not linear, in my country
it accelerated hugely in the last week and the last night of the last
day was huge, the progression by week was like this:
http://nicubunu.ro/pictures/wlmro-graph-basic.png
I would say: make a conservative estimation and let the community
surprise you in a positive way :)

--
nicu :: http://photoblog.nicubunu.ro/