[Wiki Loves Monuments] Language of the survey

Jane Darnell jane023 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 05:47:08 UTC 2012

Here's the email for the other survey (looked innocent enough to me!):

Dear Jane,

We are a group of researchers at Massachusetts Institute of
Technology. We are interested in the impact of copyright free media on
a variety of different industries. In my current project our team is
studying the impact that Wikipedia Loves Monuments and other similar
projects that make free images of geographic places are having on our
society. With a view to better understanding how such projects work
and how exactly they achieve their objectives. We are interested in
interviewing certain key Wikipedians that make such projects possible.

I am writing this email to see if you would be willing to be
interviewed to guide us in conducting in our research. I am including
a link to a Google form with 6 (short) questions about WLM. Your
replies would be invaluable in helping us understand how free media is
transforming one important sector of our economy – tourism, and
helping people discover new monuments and places of interest.

You can find the interview questions here
:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dFUtZ0x2ejVMZHFFWmdZWUNMcG9wM0E6MQ

Thank you again for reading this email and looking forward to
receiving your replies.

Yunzhi Gao

--
This e-mail was sent by Yunzhi to Jane023 by the "E-mail user"
function at Wikimedia Commons.