[Wiki Loves Monuments] Deadlines & jury process

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Tue Oct 16 11:12:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I would like to update you on the jury process for the international jury
as planned currently. We're already halfway into October, so I hope that
all countries have their juries working on the national selections!

The deadline for sending in your national selection is *31 October (UTC
timezone)*. Please try to submit your nominations before 20 October please
- after that date I will start hunting local teams and try to get them :)
To submit your nominations, please send a list of url's of your ten
nominees (not necessarily in any particular order) to
effeietsanders at gmail.com . You are allowed to submit less nominees, but not
more. Please make sure in the email you send that it is clear and obvious
that you are submitting the true nominations. Shortly describe your process
(can be one or two sencences) and who was on your jury. Please include at
least one jury member in cc.

I will ensure it arrives at the jury. I will keep an overview of all
received and processed nominations on
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012/Progress#Nominations
 .

Next, the jury will take three rounds. In the first round, they will go
down from the expected 350 nominations (longlist) to ~25-50 (shortlist).
Next the jury members get the chance to remove images from consideration by
simple majority vote. Then in a third round, the best images will be chosen
from the shortlist and ranked by the jury. A jury report will be produced
based on these processes.

We hope to be able to make the results available to you (and in a press
release) by the end of November/begin of December. We will follow a similar
procedure in writing a press release as with the awarding of the Guinness
World Record.

Please respect the deadline of 31 October! If you miss it, things get
really complicated and we will probably have to disallow your nominees to
participate in the finale.

Thank you,

Lodewijk Gelauff
non-voting jury moderator