[Wiki Loves Monuments] Calendars 2012

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 21:30:02 UTC 2012

2012/10/12 Kelda Niemeyer <kelda.niemeyer at wikimedia.de>:
> Dear all,
>
> as the subject of Wiki Loves Monuments calendars has already been brought up
> on this list, I feel it's time to provide you with some general information
> about them, our order process, and shipment information.
>
> This is going to be quite a long e-mail, so I'll jump straight to the topic.
>
> == Specification ==
> # The calendars are going to consist of 14 pages: the front cover with the
> overall winner; back cover with licencing information and information about
> the contest, etc.; and 12 pages, one for each month of the year, with the
> remaining top-13 pictures.
> # They are going to be A4 in size, and will be printed on a high quality
> paper in a environment-efficient way, thanks to the involvement of die
> Umweltdruckerei.
> # The weight is not yet known (definitely < 400 g per item), but we'll try
> to make them as lightweight as possible, as this will have a huge impact on
> the shipping costs.
>

> == Ordering and shipment ==
> # Thanks to die Umweltdruckerei, every country will receive 15 calendars for
> free. The shipment of those 15 copies will be covered from the international
> budget, so you won't need to pay anything at all if you order just this
> number.
> # If you'll need more than those 15 copies, you'll be able to order more,
> but you'll need to cover the costs of the additional copies yourselves, and
> also cover the additional costs of shipment.
> # The cost of one copy is €3.51 (that's €2.95 + 19% of valued added tax in
> Germany).
> # Shipping costs for additional copies will vary depending on the distance.
> You will receive the estimated shipping costs as soon as possible.
> # It is currently not possible for individuals to purchase the calendars; it
> will only be possible if the Wikimedia Foundation or a chapter decides to
> order a bigger quantity and include them in their own shops or produce the
> calendars by themselves using our design.
> # The design file will be released under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 licence, and will
> be uploaded to  Wikimedia Commons as soon as it's ready, so you'll be able
> to use it for your own purposes, including selling the calendars in a shop
> as mentioned above.

Great, and 3,5 EUR per copy seems to be resonable price. Would be good
to see the design before we have to make decission. Maybe - you could
just insert into the design some exemplary pictures (for example
randomly choosen featured pictures from Commons) to let us see how it
might look like. Otherwise we are forced to make a blind decission :-)

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/