[Wiki Loves Monuments] Questions about the Jury Tool and what to do with photos of non listed monuments

Michael Andersen mian at tdcadsl.dk
Sat Oct 6 08:47:34 UTC 2012

Hi everyone

I’m in the jury of WLM in Denmark and I have some questions about what to do and how it works.

Some of the pictures uploaded are not pictures of monuments on our lists. What do we do about that?

The {{Wiki Loves Monuments 2012|dk}} template says “This image was uploaded as part of Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012> .“. The file WAS uploaded as a part of the competition so I do not think that the obvious thing to do is to remove the template. Instead we could perhaps add a parameter telling it is not eligible for the prize contest.

It is possible to fair images in the jury tool so the solution could be to “fail” them there.

Anyway I found out that a few of the photos in the contest should not have been passed because they are not listed monuments. But I can’t find a way to go “fail” a monument once it has been passed. So the only way I could think of is to rate it with one star.

Do we have a manual how to operate the jury tool? I can’t find a “help” button somewhere on the tool.

For example if I click “ <http://wlm.wmflabs.org/dk/jury2.php?hide_rated=2> Show My Reviewed Images” I can see the first 12 photos. How do I see the rest? I found out that if I click on the URL and add “&start=0” à http://wlm.wmflabs.org/dk/jury2.php?hide_rated=2 <http://wlm.wmflabs.org/dk/jury2.php?hide_rated=2&start=0> &start=0 then it is possible to view the next photos. But it would be much easier if there was a “Next” button or a manual with help.

Another example is that I can see 12 thumbs. It is perhaps possible to see more if you know the right code.

I think it would be nice if we could sort the images. Once I have rated the photos I would like to sort them so the best is at the top so I could check once more if some of the best are better than others etc. I can’t find a way to do that.

Then I have a special problem. I know one of the participants very good and I would like to skip the photos uploaded by that user. Is that possible?

The easy way (for me) would be if we could add a blacklist of a kind so I would not be shown the pictures and therefore not able to vote.

If that is not possible then I could simply choose not to vote for the pictures uploaded by that user. But will it be possible to “end the voting” if someone from the jury does not vote for all photos?

Sorry for the long post J

Cheers

MGA73