[Wiki Loves Monuments] Why deadlines exist

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Fri Oct 5 07:27:36 UTC 2012

Hi all,

a few remarks from this discussion:
* The suggestions by Polimerek sound really good - although I'm not sure if
it is viable to set up such an extra banner system (it's quite a lot of
work).
* There will '''always''' be people just too late... So lets not get
discouraged by that.
* Pete: yes, the local jury should decide on the interpretation and
admission. However, a) this doesn't mean we agree with it/like it, and b)
reverting a bot is not the way to implement it. If you have valid
exceptions (might very well be good reasons for), you should contact
Platonides directly. But please be careful with this.
* Finally: to get the contest recognized by externals (such as Guinness
Book of World Records) changing the rules half way might actually be
detrimental. While we may consider this 'not important', for outsiders
changing the rules is a sign of not being serious and in fact bending the
rules is almost asking for conflicts of interest.

Best,
Lodewijk