[Wiki Loves Monuments] Categorizing and using images

Ynhockey ynhockey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 08:52:50 UTC 2012

Lodewijk:

Basically each template has a field like "Commons category". So what the
bot has to do (and this is certainly possible) is to get the monument ID
from the image, go to the monuments DB and get the relevant Commons
category, and then add that category to the image on Commons.

This is the very process described here:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Monuments_database/Categorization#How_does_the_categorization_bot_work.3F

However, it doesn't appear that the bot has been run yet for Israel, or
alternatively it doesn't appear to be working. We don't have the commonscat
field for all monuments, but definitely more than 0 which is the number
categorized so far.

How often is this bot run? Can I run it myself or request it to be run
again?

Cheers,
—Yan (Ynhockey).