[Wiki Loves Monuments] WWW123POICOM

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:37:19 UTC 2012

On 02/10/12 23:57, rupert THURNER wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Raimond Spekking
> <raimond.spekking at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Note that WWW123POICOM has 41 deleted files. I haven't dug into all of
>>> them, but a random sampling suggests that in all those cases it was a
>>> partial upload.
>>> It would be nice to reupload them if it was a problem between 123POI
>>> server and Wikimedia Commons (not much to do if it was the fault of the
>>> app when sending to 123POI servers, sadly)
>>>

>> I have asked the 123POI developers about these partial uploads mid
>> September. Sadly the fault occurs when sending to the 123POI servers :-(
>> No chance to restore them
>
> the pictures are still on the phone though and would need to be sent
> again you mean? how many fotos are affected?
>
> rupert

As stated in the email quoted above, 41 files. Given that there are 233
remaining uploads, this is a corruption of 15% of their photos.

In some cases those users have more photos, and it's likely the more
prolific uploaders are the most affected by this, so those are certainly
worth contacting.
Although ideally 123POI would contact with all of them (as well as
fixing their app!).

Regards