[Wiki Loves Monuments] Judging System Signup

Ynhockey ynhockey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 00:30:24 UTC 2012

Oscar:
Regarding thumbnail size: it was originally supposed to be modifiable per
country but not it's only modifiable globally. Jason made it better for
smaller screens per your request. However, eventually I'd like it to be
per-country again, but it's probably not urgent at the moment (let me know
if it is ;) ).
Regarding ease of use: I'm sure that some things can be done for ease of
use, but when making the first level what I had in mind is that it should
be easy to change your mind. The idea is, once you accept or reject an
image, you can't change your mind (unless you have direct DB access). So
the 'update' button was added in the first place to avoid a situation where
people would accept/reject images by accident. What Israel will do (and
from what I understand, other countries did the same last year), is to get
a team of dedicated and trustworthy organizers to do the filtering stage. I
am of course open to ideas about the general workings of this stage,
although rewriting the whole thing is probably not the best thing to do
since you need to be start using it right away.

Lodewijk:
Not sure if this is what you're referring to, there's one bug which
sometimes happens and I can't reproduce that when you click update
apparently nothing happens, but in fact the decisions are updated
correctly. If you have a minute and want to help me, please look at the
console in Firebug/Dragonfly/Chrome's debugging tool and tell me what it
says (in Chrome you may need to enable logging XHR).

Cheers,
—Ynhockey.