[Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM México winners awards

Ivan Martínez galaver at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:40:01 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas!

We always have the same problem (like all the coleagues all over the
movement) of the confusion between Wikimedia/Wikipedia, and the
jurisdiction and roles of all the involved people, perhaps we send a press
release underlining what Wikimedia México is the local organizer.

The photos have a size of 1.20 x 90 mts and every panel have a size of 2.40
x 2.00 mts. In this case, the museum put the panels, lights and vinyl
letters for walls. We pay the cost of the photos, such as 600 USD.

Some pics:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012_exhibition_in_Mexico

Thank you and regards!

2012/11/30 Tomasz W. Kozłowski <odder.wiki at gmail.com>

> Hi Ivan,
> thanks for sharing this news with us! Though I can't understand a word
> from what they were saying, I agree that the coverage was pretty
> great, and I also like your exhibition!
>
> Just to make sure: didn't the news reader say at the very beginning of
> the coverage that WLM was organised by the Wikimedia Foundation? I
> think we would need to underline the community part of the
> organisation next year to avoid such misrepresentation...
>
> On a completely different note: can you please let us know what are
> the technical details of your exhibition? As far as I see, the picture
> were about A2/A3 in size, weren't they? I'm asking this because if the
> costs were not very high, maybe the other countries would also like to
> organise such an exhibition of their winning photos (which is an
> awesome idea, too!).
>
> Thanks for all the work you've put into organising WLM in Mexico; it
> /is/ greatly appreciated!
> --
> Tomasz W. Kozłowski
> a.k.a. [[user:odder]]

*Atentamente:

Iván Martínez
Coordinador General
Wikimedia México
mx.wikimedia.org

Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta pueda tener acceso libre
a la suma total del conocimiento humano.
Eso es lo que estamos haciendo <http://es.wikipedia.org>. *