[Wiki Loves Monuments] 1,500 Quality images!

Tomasz W. Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:17:07 UTC 2012

Hi there,
this is just to let you know that today we have reached yet another
milestone in terms of Quality images; there are now exactly 1,500
files in [[Category:Quality images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2012]]!

The lucky milestone picture is a photograph of the statue of Ludwig
IX, Duke of Bavaria in Landshut, Germany, taken by Diego Delso,
[[User:Poco a poco]]
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Estatua_de_Luis_IX,_Duque_de_Baviera,_Dreifaltigkeitsplatz,_Landshut,_Alemania,_2012-05-27,_DD_01.JPG>;
congratulations Diego!

Aside from Quality images, we also have 35 Featured pictures, 30
Valued images as well as 6 images used in valued image sets; you can
have a look at the numbers yourselves at
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Highlighted_content_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments>.

We will probably not break 2,000 until the end of the year, but I
guess that having over 1,500 Quality images is a great achievement
nonetheless!

--
Tomasz W. Kozłowski
a.k.a. [[user:odder]]