[Wiki Loves Monuments] Plans for the Future? Ditch Flickr

Nkansah Rexford nkansahrexford at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:11:19 UTC 2012

Hi all

Personally, I don't know much about the codings and API stuffs, but what
I'm wondering is, can we get an API for use on Google Picasa?

>From the way Flickr is much mentioned in WLM photo contest, I suppose
flickr's got tons of images. But have we considered the tens of tons of
photos on Picasa? Now all photos uploaded onto most websites (if not all)
are dumped into Picasa and synced on all Google platforms.

The idea of importing photos from an external website, for me, is a nice
idea and should at least continue, but as David explained, it should be so
problematic that users lose interest both in its usage plus the WLM contest.

One more question: Was and/or is the Flickr Ripper thing developed by
Wikimedia Foundation? If not, then I think when the WMF also becomes a part
of its development, its reliability and robustness will improve.

Sorry David, I just could feel how annoyed that must have been. :-/

thanks

rex

+Nyarko Rexford <https://plus.google.com/u/0/107174506890941499078>