[Wiki Loves Monuments] determining how many photos used in articles

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 11:49:59 UTC 2012

Hi Platonides, assuming that the link being red or blue tells you whether
an article exists, then that would be a good way to spot monuments that
don't have articles - though as the monument links aren't clickable you
also need a database to find out what monument links to the ID. But even if
the monument ids were clickable, you still need a way to identify the
articles which don't have images. Rich Farmbrough did this for EN wiki
articles that have a UK Geocode but no images -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rich_Farmbrough/temp_110 If we could do
this for articles about monuments where the article doesn't have an image,
but an image is available via WLM then it would be a great way to make sure
that we maximise use of these images.

WSC