[Wiki Loves Monuments] Once more about Toolserver

Jane Darnell jane023 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 17:10:59 UTC 2012

Andrij,
I don't think you need to copy all of your existing monuments to the new
category, but you have to realize that in September, during the contest
when the Commons upload wizard is activated, the template (I mean the
Commons template that I linked to in my previous email) will be added to
the photo during the batch run of the night after the upload. So in the
case of this bridge with number K-0102, user XYZ will come along and use
the WLM uploader and type in K-0102. Right after the upload, the template
will be visible along with the WLM logo showing this K-0102 number, but
nothing else. That night, the erfgoed bot will come along and put the photo
in the proper category, and will also add gecoordinates that it gets from
your list.

You had created a row template, but you forgot to create the Commons photo
template. That is what I made and linked to the bridge category. If your
ministry of culture (or their agency, since it's not clear to me who you
got the list of monuments from) has no logo, then I guess you can use the
Ukraine flag, but during the competition the Ukraine flag will also be used
in the CC-by-SA licence template, so you will see it used twice in all
uploads.

When I wrote  "I don't think you have one, but then you need to make
one", I was not referring to the number itself, but a link per photo to a
place where you explain the number.
The reason you need this is because we have said that the unique identifier
is necessary to participate in WLM. During the WLM contest lots of mistakes
get uploaded and many end up getting deleted because they cannot be traced
to the proper record. I don't know if you can link to your wikipedia list.
Usually this link goes directly to a heritage agency.

See for examples the other templates in use by other WLM countries here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Monument_templates

Jane