[Wiki Loves Monuments] Once more about Toolserver

Jane Darnell jane023 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:41:34 UTC 2012

Yaroslav,
If it's not one thing, then it's the other thing....

How strange that there are so many photo's of that bridge on Commons! I am
glad to see I at least picked a good category to use for testing purposes.

The main gist of my story is that you need to think of the WLM list problem
with the row template as being part of a triangular relationship within
Wikipedia. The heritage number links via the row template to the Wikipedia
article  (infobox designation number?) which links to the Commons monument
template with the unique identifier number in the photo or category.
Sometimes there will be no picture, so nothing on commons, and sometimes
there will be no article either, but your WLM row template list needs to
have the infrastructure so that those two possibilities can be "found" by
the erfgoed or any other bot. The Wikipedia article should have
geocoordinates that match the geocoordinates in the in the commons files,
and this is possible with the monuments database.

Jane

(off-topic to Yaroslav: they don't get the idea of geocoordinates in North
Dakota)