[Wiki Loves Monuments] Seniors outreach related to WLM

Estermann Beat beat.estermann at bfh.ch
Thu Jul 12 20:49:54 UTC 2012

Thanks, Lodewijk, for spreading the word.

Dear all,

Our first experiences with encouraging older people to become active contributors of Wikipedia/Wikimedia suggest that WLM provides a great opportunity to address seniors and to reach out to organizations with an older user base than Wikipedia - e.g. online communities for seniors, local historian associations, etc.

If you're interested in combining WLM with seniors outreach, please let me know. We'll be happy to learn about your approaches and to share our experiences. In some countries we might also be able to provide assistance with contacting seniors organizations.

If you're present in Washington, you're invited to attend our workshop on Saturday, 12:10-13:30, Room 309; if you can't attend, just talk to me in between the workshops or send me an e-mail.

Best regards,
Beat

Beat Estermann

Coordinator Project TAO