[Wiki Loves Monuments] [Wikimedia-l] Wiki Loves Public Art (WLPA) needs your help

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Mon Jul 2 15:25:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

interesting announcement :) I myself have been thinking of organizing a new
'Wiki Loves' in June 2013 (I don't think May is a good month due to the
exams everywhere - and students will make up a significant part of the
organizers), probably first in the Netherlands. I am still doubting between
some 20 different ideas which were shared by several people; ranging from a
relaunch of the good old 'Wiki Loves Art' (it would be preferable if WLPA
could get a name that is not as easily confused with WLA) all the way to a
Wiki Loves Food (photograph food items, dishes etc in your country/region)
or Wiki Loves Concepts (photograph concepts like 'love', 'community',
'neighborhood', 'philosophy' etc as explanatory and useful as possible).
Wiki Loves Public Art is amongst those ideas too (as are non-photo
contests), although I should admit personally it is not my favorite :)

So... would it perhaps make sense to do WLPA one or even two months
earlier? (March/April) That way it would leave three months per year to do
a contest (but imho running two in a country is already quite a challange!

Best,
Lodewijk