[Wiki Loves Monuments] Competition Dates in Israel

Deror Avi deror_avi at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 08:10:35 UTC 2012

Dear All,

Further to my previous email, I wish to advise that it is our opinion as well as the National Heritage Council and the sponsors
we have contacted that the competition should take place in Israel
between 14 September and 14 October (ie during the month of Tishrei) for the following reasons:

* Between 16 September and 26 September are the High Holidays of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur during which we cannot do events and it
is unlikely that pictures will be uploaded during these holidays.

* During the holiday of Sukkot (30 September - 9 October) the Israeli
public usually tours the country and visits locations around the country. Therefore, this
holiday period may be used for the competition, and many events may be
scheduled for this holiday.

We will make sure
that the final results be sent to the international competition on time, i.e. by 21 October, and therefore the shift in the competition dates
should not affect the international competition.

Regards,
Deror