[Wiki Loves Monuments] Help! List to template transformation

Jane Darnell jane023 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:09:07 UTC 2012

Andrij,
Great news! It never occurred to me to use AWB for this, so I will try it
out soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Elke,
My Excel  template is for translating the descriptions of Belgian Wallonia
WLM lists. I will try to pare it down for one simple table example, such as
for this (non-WLM, but same idea) one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlandish_Proverbs
When I have it done I will send it to you by mail and see whether you can
follow my Excal tabs!

So basic steps are
1) Convert target list to numbered Excel lines
2) Using Excel template (consists of template table rows with extra column
for numbered lines), extract the description text to be translated into
extra tab with numbered lines
3) Dump the numbered lines into Google translate
4) Copy result into the extraction page and line up the numbers (and check
the translations)
5) add, not replace, the translated descriptions line by line into the
table rows (original description from cultural heritage agency is needed
for proper attribution)
6) Adjust header/footers

Jane