[Wiki Loves Monuments] Prizes and Goodies for all chapters

Barbara Fischer barbara.fischer at wikimedia.de
Mon Jul 2 07:41:18 UTC 2012

Hi all of You,

due to the generous offer of the Lettera27
Foundation<http://www.lettera27.org/>and WikiAfrica
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiAfrica>from Italy to give us
moleskine  <http://www.moleskine.com/>notebooks with the imprint of the
Wiki Loves monument logo, we now do have the opportunity to ship out prizes
and goodies to all participating chapters. One parcel per chapter could be
send from Germany to the other chapters rather independent to its weight
for the same prize. Up to 30 kg for each parcel. WLM International will
stand for the shipping costs. So if You have some ideas please come with
consistent proposals. We will try to get the parcels shipped around the
15th of August. Which means the items have to be in Berlin until the *5th
of August*. As packaging and addressing has to be taken in account.

I know we have been discussing this point before, concerning calendars and
t-shirts. We came to the result that it will be to expensive and to
inefficient to have a central distribution for prizes and goodies. But
going into detailed research it turns out, that in fact  DHL is offering a
handsome condition. So if You could have an sponsor at hand, like an
editing house for non fiction books on digital photography, or a T-shirt
producer, or more ideas to come, please let us know. At least the
distribution, as long as the total weight of the parcel is not above 30 kg,
is pretty solved.

Thanks Barbara

--
Barbara Fischer
Kuratorin für Kulturpartnerschaften

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | NEU: Obentrautstr. 72 | 10963 Berlin
Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0

http://wikimedia.de