[Wiki Loves Monuments] Open Issue: budget

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Wed May 18 19:00:20 UTC 2011

Dear all,

After I returned home, I realized that even though we made a wonderful
budget for the European part of Wiki Loves Monuments, we did not decide how
to split it up amongst the European chapters. Please find below the
estimated costs. I would like to ask the chapters that can spare it, to
consider contributing to this budget. More specifically, I would like to get
at least a reply from: France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland and Switzerland
whether they would be able to take a share in this budget.

Thanks,

Lodewijk

To bring back in memory, the following costs were estimated:

TOTAL: Worst case scenario: 10.300 EURO + shipping - Best-case scenario: 3.000 EURO

* Prizes (1.500 EURO) (if no sponsors are found)
* Printing 500+ calendars (WMPL will find budget locally): 3.000 euro
* shipping + boxes, winning messages and so on. ( 200 for finalists + 300
for the chapters)
* Intl. thankyou goodies (calendars will go for that now)
* grant system for chapters that need help. 1.500 euro
* Optional: Jury costs? (7 people (says 8 above)): 2.400 (travel) + 400
(hotel) + 200 (meeting room) + 300 (living costs) = 3.300 euro
* Announcement costs? 1.000 euro (worst case)

please note:
* Hopefully printing costs will end up at zero
* Odder is still trying to find an estimate for shipping costs
* Jury costs we did not make a decision on, but I budgeted it in for worst
case.
* Announcement costs are assuming that we cannot do that during DISH.
* This is on top of existing budget by Wikimedia Nederland (for travel costs
etc)