[Wiki Loves Monuments] What to do with the European website

Andrea Zanni zanni.andrea84 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:49:41 UTC 2011

I think it's a very good idea.
The European website has a simple URL and it always my starting point
when i want to see material for WLM...
I guess other people think it is useful as well. Anyway, do you have
some statistics about visits to the website?
It would be good to monitor them, especially when the blogpost thin is on.

Aubrey

2011/6/29 Susana Morais <susana.morais at wikimedia.pt>:
> Hello,
> I think its a good idea, makes the site more alive, shows what goes on and
> maybe arouses interest in possible participants.
> Susana
>
> 2011/6/29 Kilian Kluge <kilian at k-kluge.de>
>>
>> Hi Lodewijk,
>>
>> I believe it's a great idea to use the European website for this kind of
>> communication! At the same time, we should probably set up a twitter account
>> and establish a hashtag (#WLM2011 ?) so we can have one of those
>> twitter-boxes on there as well.
>>
>> Kilian
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> let me throw an idea in the group:
>>> What would you think if we added a blog component to the European
>>> website? That way we could make it a bit more interactive instead of just a
>>> portal, and we could actually use it to show successes around Europe. I
>>> would like to allow people from all contests to write blog posts (directly
>>> or through moderation) and make it that way easier to maintain. The blog
>>> would be in English, to keep it simple, but could link to national blogs for
>>> local language versions.
>>> Please shoot on it, and let me know if it is nothing good :)
>>> Best,
>>> Lodewijk