[Wiki Loves Monuments] Wiki Loves Monuments was crap, it's high time to admit it!

Andre Koopal andre at molens.org
Tue Dec 13 12:39:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:15:31PM +0000, Nuno Tavares wrote:
> Well, if I may, that was a main concern while building our tool:
> http://www.wikilovesmonuments.org.pt/tools/plist
>
> We wanted to know, in the end, the impact of WLM on everything we
> already had. So through that tool we can know which articles without
> photo got photographed, which photos don't even have an article, etc.
> These metrics are important when you want to state that WLM brought
> indeed benefit for WM projects.
>
> The same way, our WP heritage lists are reconstructed using this tool -
> still manually, though.

This is partly the same problem as we generally face for GLAM projects,
how are the images used over the projects, so it might be worth making
sure we don't reinvent the wheel.

I think Multichill added WLM already to some general stats tool, maybe
he can give the link although it wasn't working during GLAMcamp.

Regards,

Andre