[Wiki Loves Monuments] copyright

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 10:12:07 UTC 2011

2011/4/24 Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org>:
> Hi,
> let's simplify this discussion, and assume that there just happens to be a
> situation where images are allowed on a specific wiki, but not on commons -
> the question is, should they be eligable to the contest. (I think the exact
> discussion about the copyright status is a bit too complicated to have right
> here right now - but is of course an important one to answer).

I think such a discussion is crucial - I mean  if the local Wikipedia
community decided to allow upload of pictures which are... say..
"barely legal"  my suggestion would be not to accept them for
competition, just because we cannot encourge potential copyright
violation habbits. But if they are perfectly legal in country of
origin - why not?

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/