[Wiki Loves Monuments] how many photos from each country will take part from European WLM

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Tue Apr 5 18:01:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

when we phrased that, we had in mind to keep many options open :) You could
define "winner" also as "top 10".

I do agree it makes sense to define it before August, because participants
(and local juries) need to know what they are up to. And it is not really a
hard thing, just a decision - in the end the outcome of that decision is not
that big of a deal.

Basically, I think a top-X (with X being some number higher than 0)  would
make sense to submit to a European contest. Since all will be high quality
probably, it would make sense to try keep the number somewhat low (<10-15)
but also it makes some sense to make it higher than 1, because sometimes the
runner ups are very close.

If we allow no. 2-X in the competition though, realize this might give an
odd situation where no. 2 of a country ends up higher than no. 1 in the
European competition - this could be interpreted as a slap on the fingers of
the national jury (bad decision). Would that be acceptable in all
countries?

In any case, I think this is a perfect topic to decide on in the May
workshop, so lets keep that as a deadline, but discussions are of course
welcome here.

Best, Lodewijk