[Wiki-offline-reader-l] [openZIM dev-l] a DVD with the Spanish Wikipedia (was[Argentina] WikiBrowse improvements)

emmanuel at engelhart.org emmanuel at engelhart.org
Wed Jul 7 08:59:38 UTC 2010

 Le mer 07/07/10 09:35, "Hernan Olivera" lholivera at gmail.com a écrit:
> Hi everyone. We need your help again.
>
> We finally have a working mirror for generating the static html
> version of ESWIKI we need for Cd-Pedia using DumpHTML extension.
> But it seems that the process will take about 3000 hours of
> processing in our little sempron server (4 months!).

I have in the past prepared a full ZIM file (with thumbnails) of WPIT and it tooks ~3 weeks (but not only the dumpHTML part of the process. also mirroring, optimizing, etc.).
http://tmp.kiwix.org/zim/0.9/wikipedia_it_all_kiwix_03_alpha2.zim

I'm currently preparing something similar in French and Spanish. I'm doing that on a new server so I think this will take agains a few weeks. I should release a first version for both Wikipedias during August.

Emmanuel