[Wiki-offline-reader-l] a DVD with the Spanish Wikipedia (was [Argentina] WikiBrowse improvements)

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Fri Apr 30 16:04:24 UTC 2010

Hi Alejandro

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Alejandro J. Cura <alecura at gmail.com>wrote:

> [snip]
> Hernán and Diego are the two interns tasked with updating the data
> that cdpedia uses to make the cd (it currently uses a static html dump
> dated June 2008), but they are encountering some problems while trying
> to make an up to date static html es-wikipedia dump.
>
> I'm ccing this list of people, because I'm sure you've faced similar
> issues when making your offline wikipedias, or because maybe you know
> someone who can help us.

We're doing this XML to HTML conversion as one of the steps in our process
of rendering Wikipedia for our WikiReader device. We can build Spanish
without issues.

All of our source code is here:

  http://github.com/wikireader/wikireader

The specific portion you would need is the offline-renderer located here:

http://github.com/wikireader/wikireader/tree/master/host-tools/offline-renderer/

You'll probably need to modify the HTML output for your specific needs. Just
let me know if you get stuck.

Sean