[Wiki-offline-reader-l] wikipedia mobile

Thomas Steiner finbref.2006 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 07:02:03 UTC 2006

A friend has a smartphone and runs one of the offline availiable
versions (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Unterwegs) on it. I
just have a "normal" JAVA-enabled mobile phone and I want to use
wikipedia there as well. So I thought about unsing a J2ME MIDlet to
read wikipedia on my cellphone offline. I was searching for such a
tool and after finding nothing, I thought about creating my own one.
But it seems that the solution of the problem is much lousier then the
problem itself.
Have you aver thought about something like this? Does something like a
wikipedia-midelt exist? What could be the chellanges? Where shall I
start?
Some help would be warmly welcome,
Thomas