[Translators-l] Training modules: Can you help with translation?

Joe Sutherland jsutherland at wikimedia.org
Sat Jun 10 00:08:38 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,

Really sorry for the delayed reply; I thought Kalli might have answered all
of your questions but I missed that there were three!

To answer your third question, links with little dollar signs ( $link1 etc
) are dealt with like this:

"This is a sentence with a [$link1 link in it]."

The "$link1" will remain the same in all languages, and is actually a URL
you do not need to translate. It is represented by this way so that people
do not accidentally change it for some languages.

I hope this makes sense, and thank you immensely for your help in
translation! :)

best,
Joe

--