[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News #05 (2017)

Johan Jönsson jjonsson at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 27 22:39:49 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 5:22 PM, mathieu stumpf guntz
<psychoslave at culture-libre.org> wrote:
> Thank you Johan for the notification.
>
> By the way, should we make
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors translatable?

I ask myself that for every page I work on on Meta, but unfortunately,
if you don't understand that page in English, contributing to Tech
News will be difficult. Phabricator is in English, Wikimedia technical
development is in English, the newsletter is in English, it's
translated from English. Unlike most pages on Meta and MediaWiki.org,
I don't think the instructions for contributors to Tech News has an
audience that doesn't speak English.

//Johan Jönsson