[Translators-l] Cross wiki notifications: announcement and documentation

Benoît Evellin (Trizek) bevellin at wikimedia.org
Wed May 11 12:02:00 UTC 2016

Cross wiki notifications will be released by default on *May 12 at 23:00
UTC*.

Documentation has been updated and need translations:
https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Help%3ANotifications%2FCross-wiki&language=&action=page&filter=

During the beta phase, the cross-wiki notifications feature was enabled by
over 18,000 accounts across more than 360 wikis. We receive great feedback
from a lot of very happy users. After that 3-months long beta period during
which we made adjustments, that feature will be released by default on May
12 at 23:00 UTC.

Users who don't want to receive cross-wiki notifications can turn them off
at individual wikis. More information is available on the documentation
<https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Help%3ANotifications%2FCross-wiki>.
The talk page <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help_talk:Notifications> is
still open for any questions or feedback.

Do not hesitate to spread that information on your wiki! :)

Thanks,
Benoît

--
Benoît Evellin (Trizek)