[Translators-l] Help:Notifications ready for translation

Purodha Blissenbach purodha at blissenbach.org
Sat Jan 16 22:47:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

sorry to say, part this stuff appears pretty untranslatable to me
without
in depth studies.

1) There is a wild mixture of almost indistinguishable words or
expressions:
notification - alert - message - message warning - etc. - While I know
that there are subtle differences in English, fine grain translations
do not exist, and unless resorting to repeated lengthy explanations,
translations are all the same. Translated sentences are either
funny or next to empty.

2) There is a lot of irrelevant stuff there. Nice to be welcomed but
it is a waste of readers time, since it bears no information. Not even
nice to know that formerly there was "Echo" - it is plain information
clutter,
has not to be part of this documentation - except, if we really feel it
might be valuable to some, once(!) in a footnote. It could possibly be
interesting to a small minority, who developed that stuff. If you
really think it was important enough, footnote it. Etc..

I for one am pretty unwilling to translate bulky sentences that are
of no to little help if you look for help. Please overhaul the Text.

Purodha