[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News #50 (2016)

mathieu stumpf guntz psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Fri Dec 9 09:02:19 UTC 2016

|Ok, I think that for future tech news, you might adapt the following:|||

The [[$version|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and
MediaWiki.org from <tvar|date1>{{#time:d xg|13
December|{{#translation:}}}}</>. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and
some Wikipedias from {{#time:d xg|14 December|{{#translation:}}}}. It
will be on all wikis from <tvar|date2>15 December</>
([[$calendar|calendar]]).

But I'm not completely sure, as I found no documentation on the
{{#translation:}}, which is documented in the case where you concatenate
it to category where it provide "/ar" for Arabic, with a prepended
slash. So you should check if is possible to use it as is. If you find
documentation about the {{#translation:}}, or a magic word that return
the current translation targeted language without a prepanded slash,
please give feedback. In the worst cas, provided
thatExtension:StringFunctions is provided, you might use sub
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:StringFunctions#.23sub:>.