[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News #47 (2015)

Johan Jönsson jjonsson at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 13 22:44:20 UTC 2015

Sorry for the late confirmation of the newsletter being ready for
translation today, I wanted to get some feedback on Purodha's suggested
changes.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:59 PM, Purodha Blissenbach <
purodha at blissenbach.org> wrote:

> Is that really meant so:
>
> Tools like VisualEditor that edit templates ...
>>

> or should it rather be:
>
> Tools like VisualEditor that edit templates calls ...
>>

> ?

It's a simplification, but "template calls" is probably too advanced for
most editors. Tech News is a constant struggle between simplicity and
precision.

> Also, I've changed:
>  "proposal in the small box above the blue button"
>  "proposal in the small box preceeding the blue button"
> because you generally cannot use right/left of and in the
> future above/below, too. Scripts ONLY have a notion of
> before/after and run either left to right or right to left.
> In the near future, also top down/bottom up and with directions
> changing from one line/row to the next will be possible.

I tested a number of different on a couple of persons, but "above" was
really the only thing I could find that worked well. I suggest we go with
the thing that works best for now, and leave above/below until it's a
problem (the survey in question will run for two weeks). Thank you for the
reminder, though, the before/after dimension in a text rather than
left/right is important to remember.

//Johan Jönsson