[Translators-l] Please find me a good teammate: Six sentences to translate (especially Chinese, Hindi and other Indo-Aryan languages)

Whatamidoing (WMF)/Sherry Snyder ssnyder at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 3 19:18:24 UTC 2015

Please translate the short message here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Whatamidoing_(WMF)/Teammate

Background story:

My team is hiring again.  Wikimedia contributors (which includes all of
you!) don't check the job board
<https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia#.VjkDrdaN2UA> very often, so I
thought I would take this information to the communities.  My plan is this:
 if you translate this short note, I will post your translation to the
Village Pump for that language's Wikipedia.  Ideally, that will help my
team find a good candidate who speaks that language.

The job description is going to be changed slightly soon, so I won't post
anything until that is settled (probably today or tomorrow).  I'll post
whatever translations you can create this week.

In case any of you are interested, then the ideal candidate for CL work:

*  is very familiar with Wikipedia and the sister projects,
**  speaks English well enough to participate in a meeting, and *
**  reads and writes any non-English language well enough to communicate on
wiki.  *

*This time, we are giving some extra preference to someone who understands
Chinese, Hindi and other Indo-Aryan languages, because we have no teammates
who are fluent in those language groups.  However, we always consider
candidates who understand other languages, even at a basic level.  (After
all, they hired me.  ;-)*

Also, they have just started the first interviews.  If you are interested,
then you need to apply soon.  I am not involved in the interviews or hiring
decision, but if you have any questions about it, then you can contact
me off-list.  I will try to find out the answer to your question.

--
Whatamidoing (WMF)/Sherry Snyder
Community Liaison