[Translators-l] 3 minutes of your time: a video about editathons

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Jun 3 22:24:29 UTC 2015

Hi dear translators,

I'm passing on a request from my friend and colleague Victor Grigas.

There's this short video about editathons:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikipediaMeetup.webm

It is going to be distributed on Friday.

It would be very nice if you could get it translated to your language. I
just did it for Hebrew and it took me less than 3 minutes.

Instructions:
1. Copy the text from
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/TimedText:WikipediaMeetup.webm.en.srt

2. Create a page similar to the URL above, but with your language code
instead of en. For example, for French write:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/TimedText:WikipediaMeetup.webm.fr.srt

3. Paste the English text that you copied in step 1.

4. Change the English lines to lines in your language. Don't change the
lines with numbers and times.

5. Save the page. That's it! To test, go again to
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikipediaMeetup.webm
... and while playing the video, click the CC button at the bottom of the
player and select your language.

Thank you!

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,