[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News #10 (2015)

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Sat Feb 28 20:34:53 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 5:46 AM, Stryn <strynwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder why are there two lines about the Content Translation tool
>
> In Recent software changes
> You can use the Content Translation tool on Wikipedia in Uzbek and
> Minangkabau. You need to enable it in your Beta options.
>
> In Software changes this week
> You can use the Content Translation tool on Wikipedia in Punjabi and Kyrgyz.
> You can ask for the tool in other languages.
>
> Could these be merged into one line or what means "recent software changes"?
> Changes that are made in the last week (in the last version)?

My understanding is that the first item (in "recent changes") covers
wikis where the tool has already been enabled. The second item (in
"this week") is about what will be enabled next week, i.e. "this week"
when the newsletter is sent on Monday.

It's a bit confusing and I thought about merging them, but that would
have meant mixing wikis where the feature was already available, and
wikis where it will be added later, so I decided to keep them
separate. I'm open to suggestions about how to handle similar cases in
future newsletters.

--
Guillaume Paumier